Camping in a camper van rental is a fantastic way to explore the great outdoors while still enjoying some of the comforts of home. Cooking meals in a van hire can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it can also be challenging if you don’t have access to a full kitchen. Here are ten easy recipes that you can make when camping in a vanlife rental:
1. Campfire Grilled Cheese: This classic comfort food is easy to make and requires minimal prep. All you need is bread, butter, cheese, and a campfire or portable grill.
2. One-Pot Pasta: Cook your favorite pasta in a single pot with some water and your choice of sauce, such as marinara or pesto.
3. Quesadillas: Heat up a tortilla with cheese and your choice of filling, such as black beans, chicken, or vegetables, for a quick and delicious meal.
4. Skewers: Thread your favorite meat or vegetables onto skewers and grill them over a campfire or portable grill.
5. Foil Packet Meals: Wrap your choice of meat, vegetables, and seasoning in foil and cook over a campfire or portable grill.
6. Breakfast Burritos: Scramble eggs and add your favorite toppings, such as cheese, sausage, and vegetables, for a hearty and satisfying breakfast.
7. Campfire Chili: Cook up a pot of chili on a campfire or portable stove and enjoy a warm and comforting meal on a cool evening.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions
- Start by heating up a large cast iron pot over the campfire or on a camping stove. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Once the meat is browned, add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce to the pot, along with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together well.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and let it cook for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The longer you let it cook, the more the flavors will develop.
- Once the chili is fully cooked, serve it hot with your choice of toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or chopped green onions.
8. Hobo Stew: Combine your favorite meats, vegetables, and seasoning in a pot and cook over a campfire or portable stove for a delicious and easy meal.
9. Grilled Fish: Season your favorite fish and grill it over a campfire or portable grill for a healthy and delicious meal.
10. S’mores: No camping trip is complete without s’mores! Toast marshmallows over a campfire and sandwich them between graham crackers and chocolate for a sweet treat.
In conclusion, camping in a camper van rental doesn’t have to mean sacrificing delicious meals. With a little creativity and some simple ingredients, you can enjoy easy and satisfying meals while exploring the great outdoors.